A city that is easy to get to
With its prime location, Orleans Metropole is unquestionably the perfect place to hold a conference. It is easily accessible by car or train and once here, you can make your way around the cobblestone streets of the medieval centre on foot.
Getting to Orléans Métropole
A connected regional capital... Wherever you are coming from in France or elsewhere in the world, you will find Orleans Metropole easy to get to. The regional capital the closest to Paris, Orleans Metropole offers easy access for its business visitors :
- One hour from Paris (37 SNCF rail shuttles every day);
- One hour by car from Paris-Orly Airport;
- Aéroport Orleans Loire Valley
- At the junction of three motorways, the A10, A71 and A 19.
Two train stations serve the regional capital located 1 hour from Paris : Orleans station, located in the city center, and Fleury-les-Aubrais station, located further north. They are connected by daily shuttles and by tram.
Located 20 km east of Orleans Metropole, Orléans Loire Valley Airport in Saint-Denis-de-l’Hotel provides air access for light tourist and business aircraft.
Getting around in Orleans
2 tram lines fully accessible and a train frequency every 5 minutes during peak hours:
• Line A: north <> south;
• Line B: east <> west.
• 8 constant frequency lines running 7 days a week until 10:30 p.m. weekdays and 12:30 a.m. on weekends;
• Buses every 10 minutes on the outskirts to reach the city center;
• Complementary lines, routes adapted to local needs.
Transport services on demand:
• The Resa'tao service offers a complementary service to the bus and tram network in the most distant sectors;
• The TPMR service for people with reduced mobility.
• 12 Tram Relay Parks to leave your car and end your tram journey;
• Secure bike relay parks, to leave your bike and finish your journey by tram or on foot;
• Auto'tao, short-term self-service car rental.
The recently pedestrianised old town and the banks of the Loire with their "green lanes" make for pleasant outings on foot or by bike.
As for parking, 3,000 spaces and 14 underground car parks are at your disposition, as well as a special Congress pass offered by Orleans Gestion.
TAO, the Orleans Metropole public transport network
Easing your moves during a congress
Orleans Convention has teamed up with Keolis to provide you with travel and information facilities.
THE “M-TICKET” SOLUTION allows you to receive your dematerialized transport ticket and validate it with a smartphone (Android and iOS) when traveling by bus and tram.
In addition, during your congresses of 300 or more participants, Keolis offers to set up a personalized welcome in the colors of your event at the Orleans Center or Fleury-les-Aubrais station, in the form of an information point and sale of TAO tickets.
Directional signage can also be implemented by Keolis in the station.